Saturday, December 3, 2016

Restless!

   It feels like I have been waiting for this all year, and now I don't know what to do with it. Down time. ONE weekend where I don't have anywhere to rush off to, anything to do...It's crazy! I love running with the kids. It makes me crazy and all that; but I love every minute of it. Rodeos, cattle shows, horse shows...It's all such wholesome fun for them! But I think the best part of it is that they have to work for it. They have to feed their horses and cattle, they have to halter break calves, bathe them, train their hair....I usually do the clipping for them; but most of it is their work and they get to reap the rewards of it. THAT child has decided that he's going to show a pig this year at the county fair....We are still trying to talk the BEAST into that one! 
     You would think that I would be excited not to be on the road all the time and being able to take it a little bit easy; but I really don't like it. I sat here and watched the NFR and did some online business...Now I'm watching a movie with the kids; but I'm still restless! I miss the bone-tired feeling of working young horses or getting dragged around by the 18 month old commercial heifer. I miss the frustration of trying to pack the truck and trailer with the BABY tagging along with me. I'm sure that this is just me getting used to the relaxed atmosphere and not the rush, rush, rush of rodeo and livestock show life; but it sucks right now! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment