Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Let Go and Let God.

   It has been the larger portion of a year since I have posted anything here... Things have changed since Christmas last year; I think for the better, mostly. THAT child started first grade and is doing well. The NP Child started 8th grade doing 2 Pre-AP classes, and with a boyfriend. The BABY is talking up a storm and generally being adorable, if not a little naughty. The GAMER is still living with his father, 900 miles away; and has had a recent diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome. For those who don't know what that is, it is a higher-functioning form of autism.  It is referred to as the genius syndrome, because the people who have it are generally very intelligent. Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and  Temple Grandin are said to have been afflicted with it.
    My faith and friendships have grown in the last year; even without attending the church that we had been going to.  I learned to rely on God even when I wasn't directed to...I'm still looking for a church that is the right fit for us; but I am still seeing God work in my life. I feel like I have grown as an individual, and I think that we have grown as a family. A couple of years ago a diagnosis like the GAMER just got would have thrown me in to a full-fledged panic attack, and I would have been on my way up there the very next day. Now I am able to look at it from a much more calm perspective.
     I am so thankful to each and every one of the people I have met in the past year, as they have made a big difference in my life; as well as all of my old friends. I have learned how to embrace the good, and let go of the bad. I have truly learned how to "Let go and let God."

No comments:

Post a Comment