It has been a tough, busy week around here and we are only 2 days in...That doesn't bode well for the rest of the week! Sunday, the 27th; made 18 years since I lost someone very near and dear to me... I will forever wonder who he would have turned out to be. Would he have finished vet school? Gotten married? Had kids? Would we still even be friends? And I also have to reflect on who I am without his presence in my life... 1999-2000 was a really hard year for me. To be 17 and lose someone that was that big a presence in your life is really traumatic. My grades suffered a little bit, but I think, for the most part I came out pretty good. I never did decide what i want to be when I grow up... I absolutely loved working as a nursing assistant, and I loved working in restorative nursing even more; but neither was a career choice of mine...I took the CNA class because it was offered at the local college... I took the TMA class because I had 2 friends going and it would give me that little bit more on my name badge... Now I'm a stay at home mom, horse show judge, and lesson instructor. I LOVE these jobs most of the time.
That being said, the most of the time part kicked in hard yesterday...The NP Child lost the adapter for the horse trailer, so the BEAST had to find another one. THAT CHILD fell asleep on the way to town and fell out of the truck when I opened the door, The BABY was probably the only thing that acted the way it was supposed to yesterday. We did 4H club pictures last night. It was quite a trial getting there, but we made it and got them done, even in the monsoon of rain that we got on top of everything. God obviously tested me yesterday...But, we made it; we got the pictures taken, everything got done the way it was supposed to. I can't complain. With God all things are possible! (Even the ones that seem completely, utterly impossible!)
No comments:
Post a Comment