Yesterday a large and very colorful part of my childhood went to heaven. A man that I loved like my own family. Days like that I wish that Minnesota was just a short drive away. It seems that there is so much loss in life. Two years ago around Christmas the same thing happened, a man that I had been fond of my entire life passed unexpectedly. Thank God that I was up there visiting; and was able to attend his wake. The very next year that man's wife passed right around Thanksgiving, and I was again visiting family; but weather made attending the services impossible. It makes a person wonder... God is supposed to be Omnipotent and Omnipresent...Does He engineer these things to happen when they are convenient? In the last 2 situations I mentioned, I would say yes. But there are others that were so inconvenient... I'm not quite understanding the lesson to be learned there yet.
Second-guessing things is in my nature...It took me a very long time to figure out that I need to filter what I say sometimes...Now I realize that stopping and thinking about what I say is probably better than blurting out the first thing that is on my mind. This practice has helped with my temper, as well. I don't like confrontation; but if I am pushed, and pushed, etc; and frustration is allowed to build, I will react; and it more than likely will not be what is expected from me. I don't like this part of myself; but it's what happens.
Another thing that has been on my mind in the last couple of days is social media. I don't understand how a person can be a warrior when they are in front of a keyboard; but a mouse when they are spoken to publicly. I have seen it more and more since the presidential election. I'm all for people having their own opinion and sharing such opinion; but there is no reason to degrade another person for the beliefs that they have. I do not care if you are black, white, purple, red, blue, or whatever. I believe that we would be better served to start talking to each other in person again. Just my Honest opinion!
No comments:
Post a Comment