Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Perfectly Imperfect.

     I know that my last post may have seemed controversial; like my husband and I don't have a great relationship, and that our home life may be lacking. Nothing could be farther from the truth! The BEAST and I have a great relationship, and we both love all of our children. There is nothing to worry about there! We do disagree about parenting A LOT;  Just because we don't agree 100% on everything doesn't mean that our relationship is a trainwreck, it means that we are human.
     Things happen in our lives that shape the people that we are. I grew up with 2 very hardworking, independent, proud people, as did my husband. That's where the similarities end. My parents were very strict, whereas the BEAST's were not. I tend to be more rigid with the rules for the children, where he is more likely to bend. Sometimes I'm right, and sometimes he is. Parenting isn't an exact science, there is no handbook to tell you if you are doing it right or not. It can be extremely frustrating when you have been working for weeks on something with one of your children, and in one weekend the other parent lets it go completely off-grid.  Communication may be the problem, but the main answer to it is that we are all human. We need to be somewhat forgiving of one another. Frustrations mount when things like this happen; and you can attribute it to whatever you want; but it all boils down to the fact that we all make mistakes, no one is perfect. God made us imperfect for a reason. We are tested, and how we respond speaks to the kind of person you are. Forgiveness and open-mindedness are my words of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment