I know it's been a very long time since I was on here; but such is the life of a busy mom! I actually felt driven to come and blog today because of something that happened to me on social media yesterday. I had reposted a photo about respecting a parent's wishes when they say something about their kid; and not undermining their authority. I had tagged the BEAST in this; because he is a very lenient parent and lets the kids get away with more than I do, which, in turn, makes me the mommy monster. I actually had someone tell me that posting it on the BEAST's facebook page was disrespectful to him. Now, mind you, this person has never met my husband; has never met me in person, and knows nothing about how our family works. To give a bit of back story, the BEAST has been told for years that he needs to stop undermining me by me, his parents, his brothers, my mother, all of our friends...He knows that I have this issue. That being said, I'm trying to figure out how it was disrespectful to him. All I can answer is: it's not, it's disrespectful to ME to ignore it.
I know some of you are shaking your heads, but have you ever had your child go to preschool and announce to everyone there "I don't have a mom"? Because I have. Because I am the one who makes him bathe every night, get regular haircuts, brush his teeth...I am the bad guy because I am the enforcer. It felt like having my heart ripped through my chest when THAT child made that remark to his preschool class; but what could I do? I stood there and smiled, while I died a little inside. But I'm disrespecting my husband by trying to address his errors in a different way, because at this point; I will do anything to make him see how much it hurts me. Talking to him doesn't work, he laughs it off and tells me that I am taking it too personally. Have any of you had other mothers look at you like you were a monster because your son screamed at the top of his lungs because he didn't want to hold your hand, but you were the only parent along and it was an unsafe area for him to be on his own? I have. Have you had your child cry because you were the one who came to pick him up and not his daddy? I have. So, before any of you pass your lofty, social-media judgement about me being disrespectful, please get the back story first. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about; and if you still feel the same way after knowing all of this; I will actually consider your opinion. Until then, please, mind your own biscuts and life will be gravy!
No comments:
Post a Comment