Friday, April 22, 2016

Strength and Control

     Some days... Being a mommy is tough. There are fundraisers, functions, pageants, concerts, games, rodeos, appointments...LIFE. When it gets overwhelming it becomes frustrating. The house is messy, the car is a disaster, the dog needs a bath, the BABY got into the NP child's markers, THAT child was playing in a puddle... And people say that this is the most rewarding job there is...And it is, there's no doubt about that. But it's okay to get frustrated. It's okay to cry. It's okay to want to throw in the towel at times. I think that I work a harder, more stressful job now than when I worked outside the home. Some days I just want to pull the plug and say I'm done, but then I get kisses from the BABY, or a hug from THAT child, and it all seems okay.
     I gain strength from attending church and bible study on a weekly basis. My kids love it; and it gives me the motivation to make it through the week. There is nothing that I can't do with Jesus in my corner. When the world feels like it's closing in and there is nothing that will go right, I turn to God. Sometimes you just need to let go and let Him take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment