Thursday, April 21, 2016

Satisfied with Enough

     Wow, What a super-busy month it has been! I haven't even looked at this page in over a month...We recently started the AFR rodeo series with the NP child; and it has been hectic and expensive, to say the least! At least she is having fun, cultivating friendships, and all around just learning to be a good person. THAT child has had to come with us to a lot of rodeos, even an over-nighter; because the BEAST's work schedule didn't work out for him to stay home. He has grown up so much in the last year...I was cooking him eggs this morning(he had a tummy bug last night, and had to stay home from school today) and when I handed him his plate of scrambled eggs, he actually said "thank you"... It made me so happy! 
     The inspiration for this post today actually stems from a conversation I had with a friend. It had to do with options and what is available to us. I am trying to teach my children not to judge people by the choices they make-we don't know what options they have available to them at any given time. We don't know what the circumstances of their life are. Maybe they had no introduction to Jesus. No exposure to someone who can show them right from wrong. Never read a bible. Maybe they can't even read at all.  We as a society have become very judgmental, very entitled. What happened to the people who used to work from sunup to sundown for what they had? What happened to the people who were satisfied with having enough, instead of having more?  It is a fact that this life is temporary, and you can't take your possessions with you when it's your time to make the great journey.  I truly hope that I have spent enough time on the things that are important, and less time on the things that are temporary. Little things like THAT child saying thank you, the BABY's first steps and words, the NP child laying down a clean run, and phone calls from the GAMER are all treasures. Material things don't matter! My family has safe, dependable vehicles that get us from point A to point B; and they are paid for. We have a home that keeps us warm and protected, but it's not new, and it's not fancy. I go to the laundromat weekly to wash clothes. And that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment