Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Born Bad

   Sitting here this morning wondering why people are the way they are.  I will never believe that people are born to be "bad"... But how do they get that way? I can totally understand how they became selfish and petty-society is a great teacher for that! When I married the BEAST, and even before; it became very apparent that we were raised very differently. There are things that are okay to him that would be a total embarrassment to my family. But, my parents are close to and in their 60's, and both work multiple jobs to make a living. That's the example that I grew up with.  I am not saying that the BEAST's family didn't work, they did; and they do. But the ethic is not the same. My parent's lives revolved around work; either at their jobs or at home. If my dad had a day off work we were out working cattle, dehorning, castrating, or sorting, cleaning pens and lots, working horses, cleaning stalls, unloading hay...et cetera.  To other people a day off is just that-a day off. To my parents it was a day to get the things done that they couldn't get done during their work week. That being said; I think of myself as a "good" person...I obey the laws, I worked a full-time job(sometimes 2) before we moved out of state, and I provided for my children when I had no help whatsoever. I have to thank my parents for the fortitude to be able to do that! But back to the growing up "bad"....Did these people, as kids, have too much time on their hands? Too much time to think about ways to make people's lives miserable? I just don't understand. I never had the time, between school and chores, to think of ways to hurt others. Maybe we would all be better served if everyone lived and learned on a farm or ranch?

No comments:

Post a Comment