Sitting here preparing for our day; I realized that I haven't said much about my husband, the BEAST. That is totally a term of endearment, not an expression of his behavior in any way. It was so great to find someone who so suited myself as far as work ethic and discipline goes. A man who was willing to welcome an emotionally insecure woman and two children into his life. That takes a strong man.
I call him the BEAST because of his reputation. The BEAST was pretty well-known for having a bad attitude. We actually met through his aunt, whom I used to work with. I had asked several people I knew about him, and had gotten mixed answers. I figured the best thing to do would be to meet him and make my own decision... And the rest is history, or so they say. I entered into a very loving family. Not saying that mine isn't, but we weren't nearly as demonstrative as they are. With every phone call they all end with "I love you". We just didn't do that. I'm telling you this to demonstrate that appearances can be deceiving. He has never treated myself or my children with anything but love and caring.
There are people in this world who could take some lessons from the BEAST. He's a wonderful, loving person. If you respect him, he respects you. He doesn't discriminate. I don't know many people who can be as open minded as he is. I have to work very hard to be non-judgmental sometimes. I have very strong instincts about people, but I try to give them a chance to prove me wrong, and I try not to judge at all. Sometimes, though, it's very difficult for me not to do so. I have to remember that it's God's place to judge. He created us all equal, and we need to keep that in mind when we meet people. We are here by His design. No other reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment