I'm having one of those days today. Those days that nothing can go right no matter what I try. I'm not even getting this post up until almost 12 hours later than I usually get it posted. My house is a mess, the van is a mess, and I am at my whit's end. I have learned to try to stay away from the kids when I'm in this mood, so I don't yell at them or say something I don't mean.
The topic of this post is: Words Hurt. You can hit someone; kick them; break bones even. That stuff heals. Words, once they are said; can't be taken back. Your kids will remember them forever. And they can cause irreparable damage to your relationship. My kids mean the world to me; but when I am angry I can snap at them. So I tend to try to steer clear and pray; so that I can calm down before I say something that I don't mean and can't take back.
There is nothing that I would like better than for my kids to be happy, well-liked by their peers and well adjusted. I know that there isn't any way for me to know that this is or isn't going to happen; but I can always hope that this will happen in their lives! The point I wan to make here is that even when YOUR world feels like it's being turned upside down, don't take it out on the innocent ones. The kids. They are our hope for the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment