Sunday, February 28, 2016

Why can't we all just get along?

     Sundays are usually a lazy day for us. The kids and I go to church. If the BEAST had to work the night before we let him sleep. Then we usually go for ice cream cones and stop to get the ingredients for an early supper on the way home. Today I have decided that I'm going to share the experience I had in bible study today, since the topic of unconditional love has obviously been on my mind. I talked about being non-judgmental in my last blog post; and I'm hoping that his post can clear some things about my thoughts up.
     Our bible study today was about loving everyone as God does. Unconditionally, and without prejudice. Loving EVERYONE, whether or not you like them. God doesn't tell us that we have to like everyone, but he does tell us to love our neighbors as ourselves. I, for one need a lot more practice in that area! I do try to be non-judgmental and be nice to everyone...  My main problem with this is I have a very big problem with people who hurt me. It's so hard for me to forget at times. I do forgive, but forgetting is SO hard! There are some situations where it is really difficult for me to even be nice to people. I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in prayer to accomplish this. This is an area, as I said in yesterday's post; where he BEAST excels. He's very welcoming and warm to everyone. I'm not going to say that he doesn't get angry with people, because he does; but he truly tries to see the best in people at all times. I need to take some lessons from him in that sense.
     I don't know why God put this topic on my heart lately, but I feel that it was very important to get out. If one or any of the readers gets something out of this post, then I have succeeded in my goal. Just to get this message out there could mean so much. What if we all just tried to love each other instead of attacking each other? Being jealous of each other? Why can't we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment