Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Let go and let God!


     I do everything by routine, that's just the way I'm built. I get up every day at 6:45. I wake up the NP child, then I get dressed for the day and get the BABY dressed. I wake up THAT child and get him dressed, and let him watch 10 minutes of cartoons. We then leave for school at 7:15. I call my mom around 7:35. Then I drop the NP child at the elementary school, and take THAT child to his preschool and help him with his morning duties there. Then he usually pushes me out the door. If I don't have any errands to run, I usually go straight home. I feed the horses by 10AM, and then the BABY and I go in and pick up the house. When the Young and the Restless is over at 12:00 I usually sit down with the BABY so she can take her nap. At 1:30 I wake her up so we can get ready to leave at 2 to pick up THAT child at preschool by 2:30, and be back to pick up the NP child by 3. We go and get them a snack, then we go home. On every day but Wednesday we sit down and relax for 30 minutes. At 5PM I feed the horses and the outside dogs. At 6 we eat supper, at 8 THAT child takes his bath, and at 8:30 he goes to bed. I go to bed at 10. I give the NP child the option to go to bed at 10 or 10:30, as long as she can get up in the morning and I don't get any complaints from her teacher that she is tired.  Adding things to my weekly routine takes planning for me. Wednesdays we do chores as soon as we get home, and we leave for church at 5.
     My friends quite possibly have no idea that my life is so regimented. I love having a routine, and my kids crave it. They know what happens at any time in the day. I hope that ya'all understand that I'm not criticizing anyone. I would love to be able to fly by the seat of my pants, but I can't, it just doesn't feel right to me. I have to have order, and everything just so. But I have begun to learn not to worry about things I can't control. I have begun to "let go, and let God" This mantra has done amazing things for my life. I'm much calmer and less apt to fly into a panic attack at the drop of a hat. Anxiety is not a pretty thing to deal with, and it's not fun at all, but with God, all things are possible. I am proof of that. I haven't had a panic attack in almost a year; which is around the same amount of time that I have been attending my church. In April I will have been attending there for a year. And, while it is a routine to attend church every Wednesday and Sunday, the church is anything but routine!
      I guess the moral of the story is that we do whatever we have to do to survive, but it's a lot better and a lot easier when we let go and let God!

No comments:

Post a Comment