Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Finding Peace in This Crazy Life

     As I said in yesterday's blog post, yesterday was an awful day for me. Nothing could go right. I woke up this morning with dread settled over me. Then I started the day as I usually do; with prayer. It's usually pretty short, and just a conversation with God that is silent, so I don't wake the BEAST and the BABY. I got up and woke up the NP child. Now, this kid is so amazing. I had put clothes in the washing machine last night, as I was almost out of clothes for me to wear. Then I went to bed early. The NP child came in and watched TV with me until I fell asleep, then put my clothes in the dryer before she went to bed. I don't know what I did right in my life to deserve a kid like her, but I thank God every day that I have her!  She is the reason that I don't WANT to take my temper out on my children. She tries so hard to please me and the BEAST and her teachers at all times. 
     THAT child woke up in a great mood this morning. It's so rewarding to enjoy spending time with my children! He was so sweet and cuddly when he woke up. He kissed and hugged me and the BABY when we got to school without any hesitation. Wrote his name, washed his hands, and did all the rest of his morning school duties with no argument. I LOVE days like this with my kids! Yet another reason not to lose patience with them!
     The BABY woke up early this morning. I'm glad; because I was kind of pre-awakened for my alarm clock, and less likely to hit the snooze button that way. She was also extra cuddly this morning; and to make things even better, she walked to me this morning! It was so precious... I love these milestones! Another reason to not get upset with the kids!
     God has put these wonderful, priceless moments at the forefront so that I can understand the reasons that I have to be happy. For all of the horrible things that went on yesterday, there are so many incentives to be at peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment