Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Frustration and Hypocrisy

    Do you ever have one of those days when everything is frustrating, but you just have to plug on? That was yesterday for me. No matter what I did, the BABY wouldn't cooperate, I had to go to town to wash clothes, and we won't discuss the frustrating part of that.... Now today my husband "thinks" that he's "helping" me by doing laundry. His definition of doing the laundry is washing and drying the clothes and throwing them on the couch, which in turn, makes a bigger mess for me. Now today has kind of started out very frustrating as well...The BABY has a horrible diaper rash, and the hubby's at the laundry again... It's supposed to pour down rain, so I got the chores done early. There's a bright side!
    I listen to the K-Love morning show every day when I take the kids to school. Today they had been talking to an atheist. She was actually a very respectful, polite young woman. I was really impressed. She stated that the reason that she doesn't go to church is because of the hypocrisy of the people who attend. She said that the people that she knows that attend church don't make a good example of Christianity. That really got me thinking. Am I setting a good example for people who might be considering turning to Christ, or am I one of them that is turning people away? I truly hope that I am setting a good example for others to follow. But when I think about the frustration of the day before, and my resultant mood, was I exuding love?   God said that "you will know my disciples by their love...." I'm not sure that, on a bad day, I would be an example of His love.
     I guess the moral of the story is that people are watching. We need to model our behavior after His. We need to lead by example, and remember that it only takes 30 seconds of reckless courage. If one of us could stand alone for just a little while, others will follow! Be that example for someone. Show God's love and share His word!

No comments:

Post a Comment