So, this year THAT child decided he wanted a very limited edition present for his birthday. I have been looking for this present both online and in stores for DAYS! I finally was able to find it yesterday in store; they are totally sold out online. But they couldn't hold it for me for longer than an hour. We had already been to pick up feed, and it was dark, we still had chores to do; and there was just no time to go and pick it up. But, on a wish and a prayer, I called this morning and it was still in stock. I was able to put an hour hold on it and go pick it up this morning. I certainly hope that he likes it; it was very time-consuming to find!
It seems that most things in life are. When we were looking for a step-up horse for the NP child we went and tried out what felt like a thousand horses. But we kept coming back to the first one she tried. I wasn't sure, because he seemed like a lot of horse for her; but we did buy him, and he taught her lots about riding. Now that he's getting older, I am thinking of having her move to my finished horse, and I am riding a 5 year old that I started last summer. She's another that was worth waiting for. I wasn't looking for a yearling, I wanted something started that I could finish out. But I found her online, and she was perfect. I'm not a color person, I like a nicely put together horse. She was a beauty. And she's turning out to be such an honest horse that I can't help but be pleased with my decision.
God doesn't want us to make the easy choice. He wants us to challenge ourselves and make the hard decisions. He wants it to be uncomfortable for us. If it's not; we aren't doing it right! I have learned that I have to weigh the pros and cons before jumping in with both feet. I'm not good at doing that, I see something I want and I want it now! God has 3 answers to our requests, Yes, no, and not right now. I get a lot of not right now's from Him. But, oftentimes I look back and realize, I didn't need that anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment