Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Beginning of My Low-Sugar Lifestyle!

     This morning; as I was awakened 30 minutes early by THAT child's puppy, I was thinking it was going to be a bad day. As I got the BABY up and woke up the NP child, I was sure it was going to be a bad day. As I woke up THAT child and got him dressed I was positive it was going to be the worst day yet. Then, as we got on the road this morning, and everything fell into place, I was thanking God for this beautiful day. Just goes to show you that one little glimpse can't tell you everything about what's going to happen.
     Yesterday was my first day of not drinking soda. Usually I have 2 in the morning for the caffeine boost. I had gotten a Vitamin Water with 50 mg caffeine to stave off the caffeine headache I always end up with when I don't have any. I did really good until I went to pick the kids up from school. Then I caved and bought a can of Dr. Pepper. But, after not having one all day, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to. It seemed overly sweet after drinking only water and water based beverages all day.  
     I am trying to implement a healthier lifestyle, which I actually had before my last pregnancy. I counted calories, walked 5+ miles a day, and drank at least a half-gallon of water daily. It just seems so much more convenient to buy that can of soda from the machine outside than having to run into the grocery store to buy a bottle of water. And I can tell you that as far as food goes, it's much easier and cheaper to buy a burger and fries than it is to buy a salad!  Where I don't think that I should tell people how they should eat; as I love grease and fried food like nobody's business; I do think that fast food restaurants should make healthier options more accessible to customers. Instead of cracking down on school lunches, maybe Michelle Obama's focus would have been better spent in this area? I'm not going to speculate on that!
      I just want to give moms and even women who aren't moms a little bit of hope. If I can do this, then anyone can. There are options out there to make it easier, but you really have to look for them. And the things that are supposed to be healthier for you aren't always healthier! Yogurt has a very high sugar content. Bare Naked energy bars have more sugar than your generic sunmaid granola bar. You will learn how to read labels before you buy anything, and portion sizes are a major thing to watch. I'm not a weight loss guru or anything, just a mom wanting to loose that pesky baby weight! And before you implement a weight loss program, talk to your doctor. They have some pretty good ideas!  As with anything, I have had to pray for strength during this time. I have very little willpower; but with God, all things are possible! Good Luck Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment