Monday, March 7, 2016

Unconditional Love

     Today is a very special day...It's THAT child's birthday! We spent literally all day(from 10AM to 7PM) driving to look at a horse for him... 9 Hours in a car with 3 children... Need I say more? Especially after being at the rodeo until 1AM the night before. At least the BABY slept a large portion of the time!
    I really try to make each of our children feel special on their birthday. It doesn't necessarily mean that I spend a lot of money on them; but we always have a special cake and they get to choose what we have for supper...It's just one day where I have the opportunity to make them feel important. 
     The kids always make me feel so important... They need me in their lives, and that's such a rewarding feeling. I really hope that they always know that they can come to me for anything. I want to be their rock, that stable person in their lives that they can come to for advice or just a hug if they need me; but... I also hope to instill in them the instinct to seek out the Lord in times of trouble. I hope they know that they can pray at any time, and in any place without embarrassment. We need Him in our lives just as children need their parents. I want my kids to seek Him out in this way. 
     When I think of God, in my mind I see him as a parent. Someone who sends His children out on their own, lets them make their mistakes, and welcomes them back when they need Him. He rejoices in our victories and despairs in our failures. When I think of His love, this is the kind of love that I think of. His love is unconditional, just as a parent's love for a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment