Such a busy weekend! We had some of the BEAST's family down from Minnesota, I went to a horse sale, church on Sunday, business meeting afterward, then lunch with the family before they headed back to the frozen northland... It's these shining moments; however brief, that get us through in our lives. This morning I had a parent meeting for THAT child's preschool. I love being so involved with his schooling and with our church. It makes a huge difference! I actually feel "tied in" to what's going on there! It's really nice, especially because I grew up in a family that valued work...I'm not saying that parents shouldn't work if that's the choice they make. I worked when the NP child and the GAMER were kids, and worked overnights when THAT child was younger. I just chose, with all the changes that my children went through when we moved, to keep one thing constant and stay home with them while I could. No judgement to parents that work at all!
Being so hands on with his school is wonderful for me. I like knowing how he behaved, what he's doing, and how he's progressing. I do think that they are making kids learn way too much in preschool now... I learned shapes, colors, letters, how to cut with scissors, et cetera. THAT child came home the other day and asked the NP child "Who made the American flag? Betsy Ross!"He also knows who the first president of the United States was. But, he's learning, and it keeps his mind busy. It gives me mixed feelings. I love that he's learning and can remember these things, but how much is too much, and at what age is too young?
No comments:
Post a Comment