Rain, rain, rain! I hope I can last another 2 days past today in this! It just makes everything seem so depressing! I can't take the BABY outside, and her favorite thing to do is go and see the horses. I would love to be out riding my horses, but can't in the rain... And probably not for a couple of days afterward, because the ground will be too soft. Ish. I hate being a complainer! The good thing about the rain is that I get to play with the BABY more than I would if I were in and out of the house all day long...The weather is getting nice and warm, so it's fun to take her outside and do things. I can't wait to get my flowerbeds in...Sounds so beautiful. My rose bush and my clematis all have buds and leaves on them, and the daffodils have been blooming for a couple of weeks. My spirits are starting to lift already!
So simple to raise your spirits just with the thought of things to come. That's the way we should all feel about life...I once read a story called "Keep Your Fork", about a woman who always reminded people to keep their fork, the best was yet to come. I believe at the end of the story they buried her with her fork, but I don't remember. I wish that it was easier for me to remember that the best is yet to come in my daily life. These trials that we go through on a daily basis are just the main course, the best is still coming! Everything in our lives points to this. The dormancy of plants in the winter, and their subsequent blooming in the spring, the tests that we go through, the hard times, they are there to remind us that there are better things in this life. Not everything is bad. When we look back on our bad times, it's so much easier to see that they are a test afterwards than it was in the beginning.
I feel like the way things are now is just the main course. God is there telling us to keep our fork, because the best is yet to come. I can't believe that He would have chosen someone like me to share his kingdom with. And as his heir, to make it more special!
No comments:
Post a Comment