I know I have written a lot about THAT child and his behavior. Now, I don't want it to seem like I' complaining about him; I truly love my son. My thought was, by sharing my experiences with you that maybe some of you can relate and know that you're not the only one.
THAT child is an incredible kid. Very sweet and loving...when he wants to be. He's very choosy with whom he shares his love and sweetness with. I got a real shock last night when I went to sub teach the children's Wednesday bible study at church. The woman who teaches the preschool class at Sunday school offered to be my helper. She took the little kids into the preschool room after the lesson was complete to do their craft, and I kind of hovered between. Lo and behold, I caught my son asking for permission, and actually talking to someone who wasn't me or his father. You could have knocked me over with a feather. He doesn't even talk to my brother-in-law, who he has known literally his entire life! It felt so good...It made me feel like I might have actually done something right in his upbringing.
The NP child is in that transitional age. She's technically a teenager; but she still wants to be a kid. We are getting some teenage attitude at times, and she's definitely more emotional than she used to be. She's still a great kid and I love her as much as a parent can love a child. She's my right hand at times.
The BABY is at a transitional age as well-she's changing from baby to toddler. It almost makes me sad that I don't have a tiny baby to cuddle anymore; but then she flashes her cute little grin...It makes every bit of having her worthwhile. It was the same for me with all of my children. They flash their cute smiles and say "love you, mommy!" and I'm a marshmallow. I'm surprised I don't burst into tears when they do this!
Through all the changes and milestones in their lives, I hope that, if I did one thing right; it was making sure that my kids know that they have a "safety net" here with me. If the world gets to be too much, if things get overwhelming, I want them to know that I am always here, no matter what! Exactly the way God is here for us. I was about to make a choice that would have derailed my new low-sugar lifestyle this morning; and God threw in a roadblock. Literally! I was heading to check out at the store, and was going to grab a soda out of one of those strategically placed refrigerators right next to the checkout. Instead, there was a man there blocking the aisle as he filled the cooler. So, I went down the aisle and grabbed a vitamin water instead....And I said a thank you when I got to the car. I would have beaten myself up over that bottle of soda all day long.
God is always present in our lives, we just need to be smart enough to recognize his direction. Sure, I could have gone to the next lane and grabbed a soda from the next refrigerator; but there was a reason that the particular one that I was going to use was being filled. Doing what He wants us to do isn't always the easiest way to do things, but it's so worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment